The morning after my birthday, I woke up to find that I'd made my first Etsy Sale!!! The order was for a pair of over-the-knee fairy key socks for 1/4 scale BJDs. I popped a couple of freebies in the envelope and mailed that sucker off! Postage has gone up since I last checked, and it cost more than I'd anticipated to mail my wee package, but I still made a small profit. As soon as I got home, I bumped up the shipping on everything to meet the new rates. I'm not a huge fan of the new rates, but I do appreciate the free tracking.
I've been having some creative fun in the last couple of days. First off, I made myself a summery bag from some Flower Fairies fabric I'd been saving:
This is the Elva Bag pattern from Bags, The Modern Classics. I ended up tweaking the flap because it was too short -- maybe my 1/2" seam allowance was too large; I'll confess to not actually bothering to read that part. Or maybe the flap is just too short for my taste. Anyway, I love how it turned out in spite of the fact that I didn't have enough of any 1 (or even 2) kinds of interfacing, and then completely forgot to use the interfacing I'd cut for the side/bottom piece. I ended up making a bottom stabilizer and LOVE how that works, because the bag is more collapsible than if I'd remembered the stabilizer, LOL!
Next, I crocheted a couple of summery BJD beanies for my shop. Of course, now Pippa is asking for one of her own.
Now I really need to come up with a name for Pippa's little sister, who is on her way from China even as we speak. Oh, and I should probably make her some clothes. I don't know much about her yet, having not met her, but I'm pretty sure she's not a nudist.