Sunday, October 12, 2008

True Confessions

Things that will make me seem like even more of a dorky geek than I already do:

~Driving the Saturn (low to the ground, manual transmission) makes me feel a little bit like James Bond.

~Monday night classes are becoming shaven-headed dad night again. Yummy! I have to concentrate on teaching and not let my eyes wander. ^_^ Fortunately for me, the class usually consists of about 18 kids with the attention span of squirrels on speed, so I don't have to try too hard.

~When I go to a movie (pretty seldom) I always stay to the end of the credits so I won't miss anything tagged onto the end.

~I'm at the point in knitting where I'm cocky enough to think I could tackle complex stuff, since I don't yet know enough about the things I don't know to be afraid of them. (Does that make any sense?)

~I've been putting off buying the kids' new math books because there were other things to buy that were more exciting. Fortunately, no one's really run out of math yet anyway.

~I've been putting off blogging cuz I'm too lazy to upload the pics I've been taking.

~I've been working on the novel a lot more. Some of the things that end up happening still surprise me.

~I want to see Wanted *blush*

~I also want to see Nights in Rodanthe and (maybe) Four Christmases. How eclectic is that?

~And last, but not least, I'm heartily ashamed to admit that for the last 29 years I've thought that that was Eisenhower on the dime, and I wondered why he got to be on two coins. :-P

5 comments:

tshsmom said...

You're not being cocky with your knitting. I'm sure you do have enough experience to handle more complicated patterns now.

There's really not that much to it. Once you know how to knit, purl, add and reduce stitches, it's just a matter of how they're combined for your pattern.

I remember when a cable, or changing colors freaked me out. Then I just sat down and followed the pattern. It was incredibly EASY!

C said...

That's what I found with these armwarmers I'm doing. I was really intimidated by knitting on 4 needles, but then my friend showed me how to do it, and it's not hard at all. And then following the pattern, once I knew what the terms meant, was really easy! I did start with a simple pattern, though. I think my biggest problem on new projects is going to be keeping track of where I am. But a row counter and stitch markers can help with that. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw Wanted in the theater, so my geekiness trumps yours. It was total crap but entertaining.

Good for you for being cocky about knitting. I want to learn how to knit this winter, and I'm not even cocky enough to start learning now.

Radioactive Tori said...

Knitting is actually very easy. If people knew how easy it was, I don't know if they would be so impressed! Maybe we should keep it our little secret? But it is time consuming, and some things are a little complicated but not hard.

Is it really geeky of me to admit that none of your admissions sounded geeky to me?

C said...

Kitkat - that's kinda how I imagined it would be. Yep, still want to see it. Suspension of disbelief is important, but I'm good at that. ^_^

Oooh, you'll be shocked when you find out how easy it is.

Tori - Heh. Good point. :) Naw, you're not geeky -- just compassionate. ^_^