Monday, January 10, 2005

Hallelujah! One Calendar is DONE!!

Yay and hooray! I finally finished that October page and did December's. One calendar down and one to go.

I'm dragging myself back onto the Flylady wagon. Someone told me about using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on my porcelain sink and I am THRILLED with the results! I always have a hard time making it past the FlyBaby stage. I don't understand what she means by things like "make sure you have your weekly vacumming done" since I don't already have my own schedule. I do it on Mondays and when it looks like it needs it. I guess I need to pore over the site more and figure all that out.

It's really wonderful to have a washing machine again. Really! I sat for a while today, just watching it go 'round and 'round and marveling at the miracle of modern technology. If it weren't for washers and dryers, I'd spend the better part of my week scrubbing the family's clothes. Yikes!

My fabric stash is calling to me. I'm not sure which pieces of fabric are actually making all the noise, since I won't open the drawers until my calendars are done. Well, not completely true. I did open one today to put away a piece of glittery pink rib knit I had to wash after my kids managed to slime it with something. At that point, a tan, striped knit with foxes and backpacks tried to convince me to make pants for Gogo, but I was firm, even though it begged and pleaded. It even tried to guilt me into sewing it up, because the grey striped pants I made him last year are now about 3" too short. But I was resolute in my steadfastness (or maybe steadfast in my resoluteness) and pointed out that he can wear jeans for a few more days if neccessary. Still, I can hear the fabric calling out in muffled voices. It's worse at night when the house is (more or less) quiet.

I'm going to have to try the washcloth idea one of the moms at The Swap told me about. You fold a washcloth in half, sew up the sides, turn it right side out and put 2 or 3 snaps across the top. Soap scraplets get slipped inside and are easy to use up!

Tomorrow is Monday already. We're doing Around the World in 180 days and the kids wanted to start with Australia. We've been enjoying it so far. I have some books and movies on order at the library that look good. Maybe I can review them when we're done with them. I'm not actually sure how I ended up with the program. It came with a botany book I'd ordered, and it was listed on the order form. Suffice it to say that it's better not to order things late at night - especially when you've just gotten your internet back after a dry spell. But we're enjoying it, and learning, too, so maybe I should actually go on a late night ordering binge and see what else arrives on our doorstep. :o)





No comments: