Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008, Y'all!

We watched the Industrious Clock again this year because we are, in fact, total geeks. Actually we watched it twice, because the upstairs computer was right on time, but one of the downstairs computers was a couple of minutes slow. ^_^ As I recall, it's hard to link to because it's an application, so just Google the sucker if that doesn't work.

We drove home from WI (where we were visiting family) just ahead of a snowstorm. Actually, we were in the storm in Chicago and other parts of IL, but we broke out of it and managed to stay ahead of it through Indiana and here into Michigan. Now it's snowing like gangbusters (whatever they are) and we're supposed to get 6 to 10 inches.

It totally rocked being able to hang out with family for a week. We drove out on Christmas Day, which meant that Chicago was like a ghost town. That's the only way to drive through that city, let me tell you! The bits we went through today were pretty deserted, too, making for a pretty much stress-free drive except for the first stormy bit.

A real post may be coming, as promised, or maybe I will stick to my New Year's Resolution of not doing anything I say I will. Wait, does that mean I do or don't have to? My brain hurts. I'm going to post naked pictures now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too, Candace. Never include paradoxes in your New Year's resolutions. You're just setting yourself up for a strange year.

Logophile said...

Happy New Year.
Im sticking with a resolution I know I can keep.
Im NOT going to smoke this year.
Seeing as I never have, I find that is an easy one to follow through with ALL year.

C said...

Kitkat - I think the paradoxical resolution was, indeed, a poor choice. ^_^ Happy New Year!! :)

Logo - That's a good one. It would work for me, too. Unless I catch on fire or something. Maybe I shouldn't tempt fate. . .

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and yours... may you all be blessed with the best in 2008

oh... and I never end up doing what I say I'll do... good intentions and all that jazz ;>)

Trundling Grunt said...

Um, you forgot to link to the pictures.....

We missed the snow :-) :-) :-)

C said...

Ann - thank you very much! :) Ha! So true! The road to Hell and all that, no? ^_^

TG - Damn! I did! Wait, no! I was keeping a resolution. Yep. That's it.

OMG you missed it?? What kind of naked full-moon ceremony did you do to achieve that?? I'm impressed! :)