Wednesday, January 02, 2008

So Much to Say. . .

. . . and yet I realise that most successful posts are short and sweet.

It snowed a whomp-ass lot of snow here. We've gotten maybe 9 or 10 inches and I think it's still going. Naturally, I was forced to get my stuff on and go play in it today. I mean, how could I not? So whilst MuNKi wrangled the snowblower and cleared the driveway, I built snow forts with the kids. Pictures will have to come tomorrow, but it was pretty good weather for it, since it was 34-36 degrees F while we were out there. We've really got to get one more big pair of gloves though, because one of our "pairs" consists of 2 left hands, and Mollusc wears the same size I do now, so at first I wore one of Fishy's gloves and one of the 2 lefts, which got cold in a hurry, and then MuNKi gave me the other big set and wore a giant Air Force mitten and an oven mitt. ^_^

After snow play, it was time to make Buckeyes, since the garage is perfect for the setting-up process in this weather. I have to stop making those. They're so yummy I'm forced to eat them even when I'm full.

From there we proceeded to a fabbo supper from MuNKi's new cookbook (it was even the recipe shown on the cover there) and a viewing of some episodes of Red Green (another of MuNKi's Christmas presents.) I have to say that I really am benefitting from his gifts as much as he is. ^_^

Oh, and we had a fabbo trip to WI last week. We were spread pretty thin over the various familial units at times, but it was a great adventure all around, and we even got together with our friend Frank Sommers and a bunch of his girls, upon which he presented us with 2 copies of Going Great White. (Insanely clever people will click on "Buy DVD" in that linked page. ^_^ ) MuNKi and I watched it tonight and it's a scream! It totally kicks Best of Show's ass. I mean TOTALLY. MuNKi and I are credited, so we can have our own IMDb pages if we want, though MuNKi will have to use his middle name or something, since his has already been sucked up by another famous actor. ^_^ It was funny and cool seeing ourselves in a film. ANd, yeah, I want to do it again. :)

I keep getting stuck and unstuck in my novel. What a painful, yet alternately joyful process. :-P

Oh yeah, and we're down to just the one car now that MuNKi's work has reclaimed the work Jeep. Bummer. And I lost his cell somewhere in WI, too. Possibly in a snowbank. At least it was broken, so it's not a hugely huge loss. Or so I tell myself. I dunno what he's gonna tell the folks at work, though. Urf. Well, screw 'em for taking his car away. That's like a massive pay cut, so yeah, screw 'em.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great holiday and a snowy aftermath!

Several big storms are expected here in the Sierras starting in a couple days. We're going down to "Big Town" to stock up on supplies tomorrow.

Radioactive Tori said...

Buckeyes are my favorites! I haven't made them yet this year but I want to!

I wish it was warm enough to play outside today. It is like 4 degrees outside with a negative windchill. We had plans to go sledding today, but with the cold and my daughter being sort of sick I guess it wasn't meant to be today. Maybe tomorrow. AND you have us beat on mittens/gloves. I only own a pair of Tigger mittens that barely fit me and my husband has none...when he shovels (rarely) he squeezes into either my Tigger ones or my son's that are way too small. The kids all have several pairs each though. I think mittens should have been Christmas presents for us!

egan said...

9-10 inches and it's still going? Hmmm... very interesting.

egan said...

grow, grow, grow...

C said...

Cameron - It was lovely! If you stock up well, you can just kick back and enjoy it. :)

Tori - OMG buckeyes are so deadly. ^_^ Ha! You ARE worse than us for gloves. It's terrible! This has been the situation for years. Last year we finally got the second pair of big gloves, but we still need one more. And yeah, of course we have tons of little ones. . . ^_^

Egan - Very, very interesting. Justlike a growing stick!

Egan - More! More!

egan said...

I need a moment.

C said...

Just one?