Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Strange Admissions

So we did the sledding/hot tubbing/snow angels in swimsuits thing again with our friends on Saturday. What a blast! My jeans were so soaking wet by the end of sledding (lots of falling off of a snowboard) that they were dragging down, yet hard to get off. :-P It felt soooo good to get in that hot tub, with the steam billowing up into the night air. I took a few snowboard runs down a baby slope in my suit, and (strange admission #1) log-rolled down the hill a few times, too. It probably looked very silly, but it was nothing if not invigorating! It makes one feel very Swedish. And getting back in that hot tub always feels amazing. I highly recommend pretending to be Swedish yourself if you can arrange it. ^_^

Strange admission #2 is that I had a sex dream about Howie Mandel last night. This is bizarre for a lot of reasons, the fact that the guy was Howie Mandel being a biggie. I mean really! What's up with that? I have no strange affinity for the man. So, OK, he's shaved his head, but he's still not my type. And besides, he didn't even have the decency to have a shaven head in my dream. In fact, I think he had dreads. And he was wearing long-johns! Oddly enough, he was basically a tripod, but come on! I don't even know how I knew it was supposed to be Howie Mandel. For God's sake, if it had to be a Howie, why couldn't have been Howie Long? Or not a Howie at all? Why not Clive Owen? I mean, I HAD just watched a Clive Owen flick. Or the delectable Daniel Craig? But NOOOoooo! I get Howie Mandel. Why? I can't even remember the last time I heard him mentioned anywhere. All I can figure is that I must have been punishing myself for something. I wonder what the long-johns meant. And the long johnson.

And then I went to Jay's blog today, and who does she mention but Howie Mandel. O_O

The worst part is that in my dream, I liked it. :-P

15 comments:

Radioactive Tori said...

Isn't it crazy when you have sex dreams about people you have absolutely no attraction to? Howie Mandell???? We just watched deal or no deal the other night because nothing else was on (I was knitting and my husband was reading if that excuses us watching it) and I remember saying he looks better to me now, but still not my type. Too funny!

C said...

Yes, it's bizarre! And I've never seen Deal or No Deal. I don't know the last time I saw him in anything, LOL! Where does this stuff come from?? ^_^

robkroese said...

I blogged about a couple of bizarre dreams I had last night. No crazy sex dreams this time, although I do try to fall asleep thinking about Halle Berry every night in an attempt to recapture that one magnificent night we had together.

C said...

No goal is unreachable! ^_^

GuTTer MuNKi said...

Diesel, the reason Halle Berry isn't appearing in your dreams is because I've got her on an exclusive 2 year dream contract. You wouldn't believe the things that go on in there...

Her and Candace make a delightfully naughty team.

Michael C said...

OK James Bond I get, but Howie? Get some help my dear!
;-)

C said...

MuNKi - I wasn't going to dash his hopes like that. I think hope is important. Even if it IS groundless. ^_^

Michael - I know, I KNOW! Aaaaaaaack! Please help me!

Michael C said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I need to hear more about these 2 year dream contracts. Is there exclusivity? Are there signing bonuses and free agents. My pen is all ready. To sign, I mean my pen is al ready to sign someone to a dream contract. Wow, did that come out wrong...

Claire said...

Why oh why don't I have sex dreams? Am I repressed? I don't feel repressed. Jay's blog is super funny.

C said...

Michael - that was a very tactically placed space in "pen is." You'll have to talk to MuNKi about the exclusivity clauses and subcontracting options. ^_^

Claire - One might ask which is worse: not having sex dreams, or having them about Howie Mandel? ^_^ Jay is a riot!

Jay said...

Hehe.
Sorry. I wish I wasn't laughing. If it was my dream, I'd be traumatized too. But man. Howie Mandel!

C said...

Watch out, Jay! Dream karma can be a real bitch! ^_^ But yeah, Howie Mandel. :-/ I can laugh now, but for several hours after I woke up it was pretty traumatizing.

The OE said...

Howie Mandel is not one of my aliases

Michael C said...

Holy Crap, I totally overlooked the well places space of which you mention, but please have Munki contact me at his soonest available moment. This contract stuff can be so tedious!

C said...

OE - Excellent! Are you saying you're safe dream fodder then? ;-)

Michael - Sometimes there's nothing better than a well-tended gap. ^_^