Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Ongoing Saga of the Ring

OK, so to recap (rather than pointing you off to a bunch of tedious posts):

○ I lost my original wedding ring down the tub drain.

○ The diamond fell out of my engagement ring, which was soldered to my new wedding ring.

○ The replacement ring I was wearing flew off at the park and was lost in the tanbark under the merry-go-round.

○ I broke my new ring whilst punching the bags at TKD.

○ The new ring was repaired (by the World's Most Dangerous Jeweler), and I began taking it off to spar and to punch the bags. On the one occasion I left it on when unexpectedly called out to help teach punching at a kid class, I broke it again.

○ It was repaired again, and now one of the little tiny diamonds (oops - cubic zirconias - whatever) has fallen out. :-P

I'm thinking of just having a ring tattooed on my finger. :-P

12 comments:

egan said...

I like your solution about the tattoo. You could also become more of a home body and then your chances of losing it would go down significantly.

I love the scorpions in the jewelry case.

C said...

What, and stop going to the park or punching things?

The scorpions are pretty neato.

egan said...

Yeah, and you thought I didn't click your links. That sounds really really bad.

C said...

I like to think I'd notice if you clicked my links.

Radioactive Tori said...

I don't even wear my wedding ring because of things like that. My kids asked my husband the other day if it makes him mad that I don't wear it. It was interesting to hear him talk to them about what matters is what I feel in the heart, not what I wear on my body.

I think the tattoo solution is a good one though.

C said...

Egan - Muahaha!!

Tori - I feel self-conscious going around with 4 kids and no ring. :-P But, yeah, the tatt could solve everything. ^_^

egan said...

No ring Tori? Hmm...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps a simple gold band, sans any gems that might get snagged or cause you take it off frequently? I like my ring, but because it sticks up, I take it off a lot, like when I go to the gym, shower, or sleep, so it seems a little pointless.

So, the four kids don't warn off the men?

C said...

Egan - Maybe she likes to live on the edge. ^_^

Kitkat - I thought the current one would fill that bill - I hate sticky-outy stuff on rings, so I was actually kind of glad when the diamond dropped out of my engagement ring. ^_^ The one I have now is pretty flat, and I love the Claddagh part, but I guess the inset stones made it more fragile.

It's not a matter of keeping men away (that has never been a problem I've had, LOL!) but of not wanting to look like a ho as I traipse around with my largish brood. ^_^

egan said...

We all know the truth about Tori, she loves hitting on all the guys. Without a ring she's free to flirt her heart out.

Typing the above paragraph just doesn't feel right. Tori, you're good peeps.

Claire said...

I don't wear a wedding ring either. I haven't for years and I don't care what anyone thinks. Of course here at ground zero for liberalism anything-goes-land I doubt anyone's ever noticed.

C said...

Egan - You can't keep a straight face very well. ;-)

Claire - Good point. If I didn't wear one, it could very well be that it would only be ME noticing anyway. ^_^