Sunday, February 18, 2007

Clinging to Sanity

Adobe hates me. I can tell, because after spending 3 days on a silly little slideshow, it won't let me burn the blasted thing to DVD. Rather than performing as advertised, the program informs me that I should go to hell while it shuts down. And it won't let me port it to another computer without making me go into the picture folders and pointing out all 147 pictures one by one (if I could even find them all again.) For some reason when I export to Windows Media, all video gets dropped (though the audio is great.) Quicktime fares better, but the sound sucks the bag. And the timing get thrown off a bit. And it's still too big to email or upload anyway.

My friend said today that her sis (an Adobe honcho) gets all kinds of hate mail. I told her that I totally understand why. ^_^

I have learned some valuable things from this exercise in futility:

- no matter how high tech a program might appear to be, I will be the one who needs the one seemingly simple little thing that it cannot do

- never try to build anything with Adobe Premiere Elements on the left-hand computer again

- make a tiny little 3 second movie as a test, rather than a 4:24 one

- anything else I may have learned has been replaced by a bad word starting with "F" and every time I attempt to access that portion of my memory, that's all that comes to mind

Somehow tomorrow is going to be Monday again already. How does that happen?

Oh, on a far happier note, Going Great White had a blurb in the WI State Journal today. Clearly Frank and Frank are having more success with Adobe than I am. ^_^

13 comments:

Jacob said...

This totally creates an area of lesser pressure! Crap. I know how you feel. Why doesn't anything just WORK? I am sorry you are completely Stucco with Adobe. Hope you Shake the problem soon. If not, come to my house and we can have Tea at 1:11.

Jacob said...

Really, Candace. I am totally Siding with you on this one.

Jacob said...

Hey, I'm third!

armalicious said...

That sucks! I've not used Adobe - but Nero is just as annoying.

Joe Jubinville said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C said...

Gawpo - Thank you. Let's get Plastered together. ^_^

Gawpo - ^_^ Lovely! I'll admit to not getting the Tea and 1:11 F-111, yes. Speakingawhich, you haven't emailed me yet.

Gawpo - Dude! You're 3rd!

Arm - I'm probably doing something stupid. Bleh.

Joe - Thank you! I will! :)

Jacob said...

Dude, our email is currently down. I'll be down wit emailing ASAP, STAT.

C said...

Gawpo - Dude, don't worry they aren't naked pictures, they're far better - AIRPLANE pictures. Gorgeous ones. ^_^ (now does your email work again? ;) )

Anonymous said...

"Die Adobe Die" is a scary label, C. Witchcraft I tell you! Witchcraft...

C said...

Scary? Tell me you've never felt that way about Adobe. Or at least about something/one Not you, Mr. Villanous Toying-with-Winters's-Future-Man.

Witchcraft, eh? Are you saying you can teach me some? That could come in pretty handy! But I won't become a cannibal will I?

Jacob said...

Dude, those AIRPLANE pictures were fantab. And all the planes were naked.

C said...

Glad you liked them. :) Yes - vast expanses of skin. ^_^

egan said...

I want to see more movie clips.