Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Home Again, Home Again

We're home and I'm attempting the recovery phase now. You know what that means - unpacking, heaps of laundry, going through a jillion pieces of mail, etc.

A couple of months ago I slapped something up on my secret blog and GuTTer MuNKi expressed a desire that I send it to a certain mag. Just to humour him I did so. It wasn't well written, IMO, and I think I was probably drunk when I did it, but after going through some of the mail last night, he showed it to me in the magazine. Well, well, well. They changed MuNKi's fake name to a different fake name and gave me fake initials and a fake location (kind of as per my request - I'd asked to be published under some sort of pseudonymn at any rate) but there it is in print. In a shiny, real magazine that hundreds of thousands of people read. Go figure.

Maybe this evening I'll be recovered enough from unpacking to post the fun details about my life as an extra. It was really a blast, and I can't wait to see the film! :-)

10 comments:

egan said...

Is this the thingy you emailed me Candace? Congrats on the publication!

C said...

Nope, it not. I hope to actually get paid for that one. Though my odds of getting published are pretty slim considering how many submissions they must get each month.

Thanks! :)

ldbug said...

So you got legitimately published? Congrats!!! and welcome home!

egan said...

Good to know Candace. You're a stud(ette) in your own write. Me so punny.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...
Very intriguing. It sounds as though it might be the kind of "magazine" I enjoyed as a teenager.
Though I may be barking up the wrong tree, of course.
Well done on the publication. And I wish you lots of zing. :)

C said...

Ld - I don't know if I consider this legit, but it's in a real mag, LOL!

Egan, you so very punny indeed. If I get my story published in Bust, I'll be sure to let the world know, LOL!

Winters, you are on exactly the right track. I needed the zing tonight. He put us through the wringer (as a welcome back, I expect.) Thanks for the inspiration. :-)

egan said...

I will bow my head for you.

C said...

Why thank you. :-) Here's hoping that whoever reads it gets it when they're in a good mood. :-/

Trundling Grunt said...

Did I miss the reference to where it got printed?

Welcome home btw.

C said...

I didn't actually mention it. Rather embarrassing. :-P

Thanks! :-)