In no particular order:
- I continue to heal. I can sometimes go upstairs one foot after the other! Woo hoo! (this is big)
- I finally got to do class again tonight as best I could.
- The Prawn is, at long last, over a week-long fever (you know - THAT one that's been going around) and is down to just hacking the odd lung out every now and then.
- I made chocolate chip cookies today. (in case being rather more sedentary hasn't been quite bad enough for me)
- The kids and I cleaned out some bookshelves and found some books to get rid of. We also unearthed some real winners that haven't been read for a while. One of them was Thundercake. Patricia Polacco is one of my favourite children's authors, and Thundercake is one of my favourite books of hers. Her stories are doubly entertaining if you happen to be a Michigander (or Michigoose) or a Californian (and of course we have been both), since many of her books deal with her childhood in these states.
- I'm about 2/3 of the way through Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife, which, as it turns out, is largely sex and angst with a side of scandal.
- Talking cats amuse me. I have one that says "Hello?" when she's very upset (ie in the car.)