Monday, June 25, 2007

Happy Birthday GuTTer MuNKi!!




Today MuNKi completes another action-packed trip around the sun! In celebration thereof, I'm attempting to make a German Chocolate cake (his favourite kind.) I do hope it doesn't turn out to be a German Chocolate Atrocity. I kind of have a track record with cakes. They're usually either very good, or very, very bad.


Since I have to make the frosting from scratch anyway, I decided I might as well go whole hog and do the cake from scratch as well. It wasn't too awfully fiddly - just some chocolate to melt, and some sifting. Everything else was pretty run-of-the-mill. It only took about 5 repetitions of the above song to mix up, allowing for gratuitous dancing. (And thank you, Jamie, for my new Hawksley Workman obsession!) I do hope that I hear the oven timer when it goes off.


I know I don't get all mushy here about GuTTer MuNKi. At least I don't think I do. But that's purely out of consideration for the sensibilities of my dear readers. Today that goes out the door for one post. There really is no way to express in writing how I feel about my MuNKi. He's strong and brilliant, loves to read, humours me with chick flicks and professes enjoyment. He's musical, and tolerant of my own musical obsessions (even when I loop stuff ad infinitum), cooks awesome food,and bakes amazing bread. He has a delightfully nasty sense of humour, as well as certain well-appreciated skills that I won't go into here. And on top of it all, he contributed the best 92 chromosomes imaginable to our troupe (yes, that's intentional) of little MuNKis. And he loves us. What more could I ask?


Happy Birthday, MuNKi. I love you.

10 comments:

GuTTer MuNKi said...

Yeah, well, just remember who the lucky one is.

Bond. James Bond.

And MuNKi. GuTTer MuNKi.

What a cool Wench!

Trundling Grunt said...

Happy birthday Munki....don't love you though pal :-)

C said...

MuNKi - you're so confused. That's cute. ^_^

TG - I appreciate that, and so does MuNKi. ^_^

Claire said...

Oh MuNKi is one lucky guy. German chocolate cake is my ab fab fav!

C said...

Well, it fell completely to bits when I tried to slice and serve it, but it was a pretty tasty mess. :)

BlondeBlogger said...

Awww, happy birthday MuNKi!

My grandma always made me german chocolate cakes for my birthday too when I was little! That brought back some really good memories. :)

C said...

What a neat tradition. :)

egan said...

Happy Belated Birthday MuNKi. Your wife kept distracting me this week so I didn't get a chance to read this post until now. Woot woot!

C said...

HA!

armalicious said...

Happy belated birthday, MuNKi!!

What a sweet post! And, as always, I heart the links.