Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Planting

In a fit of extreme optimism, Mollusc and I planted seeds in a starter tray today. Sadly, all the sprouts will eventually get eaten by the cats or die of dehydration, but we always try anyway. OK, that didn't *sound* very optimistic but trust me, it was realistic. :oP

The kids have been playing Fritz and Chesster lately (computer chess game) - especially Fishy (6) and The Prawn (4.) I'd better get playing some more, too, cuz my endgame sucks.

I'm feeling uninspired, so I'll ask a Q to get others talking *for* me, LOL! I had chicken soup and hot French Bread for dinner. What did you have? Faltenin, I *know* you had something interesting? Bulgogi? Bibimbap? Any kimchi? I love kimchi. :o)

4 comments:

Sheila Shigley said...

D'you wanna wanna know what I had for dinner...or lunch? Cause lunch was more interesting.

But for dinner I made curry for Mama and we watched The Constant Gardener. FASCINATING, but sad--I imagine about the same feeling as Beyond Borders.

The curry was olive oil, garlic, onions, curry powder, lemon juice, dofu, tomatoes (realized we didn't have yogurt!), cauliflower, green beans, veggie stock, and more oil (which I sneak on when Mama's not looking, or butter when we have it :)

Yum. Ok, I'm hungry...

Faltenin said...

Heh- Korean barbecue, the real thing. I counted 26 dishes on the table at one point, and all excellent...

Sparrow said...

Sushi! Tasty miso soup, lots of hot tea, veggie tempura roll (made fimo style with a smiley face), spicy tuna roll, dragon roll (mmmmm... eel). And fried bananas for dessert, which I should have left off given that they destroyed that lovely not-greasy-not-over-stuffed feeling provided by an excellent sushi dinner.

C said...

She-Ra: yummy! But bummer there was no yoghurt - never the same without raita, is it? I can even squeak by w/out the curry in a pinch if I have the raita and lime or mixed pickles. :oP I figured the Constant Gardner would be sad. :o( Good though, huh? You must see Monsoon Wedding! When you gonna come make some curry here?

Faltenin: Annyong! (no, not annoying, annyong!!) Also yummy! I LOVE all those delicious little side-dishes. Sigh. At least I have a friend who comes over and cooks Korean for me (her husband is Korean.)

Elizabeth: the smiley face cracks me up. The key ingredient of Japanese culture: attention to detail!! :o) Sounds delicious. I had something with smoked eel from a Japanese friend and it was superb!