Thursday, December 15, 2005

Lotsa Snow and Lotsa Shvet

Don't worry - more Phantom Menace of the Opera is coming! Today's is in the post below this one. :o)

It snowed all day, and every time I looked outside it was more beautiful than the time before, so I snapped some pics:

Mr. Cardinal. They always send the women in first and then the men come in if it's safe. *snort*

Cardy, sparrow, goldfinch and junco grateful for a feast in this snow!


Whose woods these are I think I know,
His house is in the village though.
He will not see me stopping here,
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer,
To stop without a farmhouse near,
Between the woods and frozen lake,
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake,
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep,
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

-- Robert Frost




Actually, I know exactly whose woods these are because they are in my backyard, and they are just gorgeous. I'm glad I didn't have miles to go.



I just love the oak tree. I'll keep snapping pics through the seasons till it topples.

And now for the svhety part - not for the faint of heart. This is an exercise in braveness, cuz I am NOT at my best in these pics, LOL! These are an example of how bedraggled I get after 2 hours of Tae Kwon Do (1 hour of class and 1 hour of sparring.) And this was an easier class night. I've definitely looked worse if you can believe it. :oP Now I dare you - I DARE you to do something brave yourself. :o)


See that on my shirt? Yep, it's sweat. Mmmm! Don't you just want me to give you a big ol' (((((((HUG)))))) Nyck nyuck nyuck! Do ya like the 'do? True helmet hair! Sparring helmet, that is. And you thought I was a glamour gal. *wink* (OK, NO ONE thought that, but it sounded funny in my head.)

So, what did you do today that was brave?

No comments: