Saturday, December 10, 2005

Why I'll Never Be a Foot Model

A Tae Kwon Do "player's" feet are never really pretty.




Colourful, yes. Pretty, no. They'll look even better in a few days. Some of it is impact - shins, left foot - some is internal tearing - in this case, turf toes, right foot - can't remember if that's Monday's waning, or Thursday's, waxing.

We got to play dodgeball at the end of class tonight. John pointed out something very true - how often do most adults actually get to play dodgeball? It is a BLAST! (ha figuratively AND literally!) We get divided up younger ones against the older ones. In this case the young group was 14, 20something and 18 (I think.) Our old group was 36, 44 and 48 (I think.) Historically, we always kick the younger guys' butts. *big grin* Losers have to do pushups after each game (the whole team.) Tonight it was only 10 per game and we played to 100 pushups. We beat them something like 10-4. We play with 2 squishy softball-sized balls that are perfect for really whipping but not hurting if you get nailed in the head. I probably have way too much fun. Like I've said before, I'm just a big kid. :oP

Tomorrow the Prawn tests for yellow! Wow! If she passes, we will all be colour belts. We'll have to do a group pic. :o)

I tried Sudoku (here's an example) and man is it addicting. I think we'll have to get a bunch of books.

Men in kilts are just awesome. Not sure what it is. Maybe it's like Jeff (of "Coupling" fame) points out, "You know what’s great about skirts? When a woman’s wearing a skirt (or a man's wearing a kilt), you know, you know, that somewhere in that room, shifting all the time, there is the VAA: the Visual Access Angle. A clear line of sight back to base camp." Even though sometimes it means falling on the floor to get there.

Here's something even yummier. Tee hee! Thanks to Sighsofmylife for that one. :o)

Oh yeah - afterthought - here are the kids with "Artie," the only museum piece you're allowed to touch. He's to demonstrate what happens over time. I'm not sure how Artie earned the dubious honour of being dubbed "touchee" but he does show the wear. I think he was made in 1927. I don't know how long he's been on display. I'll have to look again next time we go.

Tip of the day: turf toes make pushups harder. (don't combine with laughing!)

Music of the day: POTO, um, I KNOW I listened to something else. Oh - some Green Day online, singing our own crazy POTO slaughterings

Your Horoscope: Blisters will nearly ruin an important event. Your lucky number is not 17.5. An old friend will bump into you, but will continually call you by "Harry" instead of your real name.



No comments: