Friday, November 25, 2005

Caveat Renter

I borrowed "Proof of Life" from the library on DVD and we watched it tonight. Well, we sort of watched it. Here's the thing about library vids: they're not always in the best of shape. This one had several nasty scratches so that every time you really got into the movie, it would seize up and you'd have to try to FF through the trouble spot, or keep pressing play, or chapter forward and then back it up. AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!

We should prolly have just given up, but we were already sucked in by that time. At some point it just got to be laughable. John accused me of stopping it on one particularly fine shot of Russell Crowe, and I have to admit that at that moment, I was really happy that it had paused there. *grin* We did miss some stuff, but turns out it was nothing vital (ouch - don't tell the Director I said so (but are you safe Miss Gradenko? tee hee) talk about derailing myself. . .) So it was maddening, but funny at the same time. I would not have given an untrained civilian a gun and let him run around behind me in a possible firefight situation, but other than that, I think it was pretty believable.


Supper was AWESOME!! Easily the tastiest food I've ever eaten on Thanksgiving. I told John he could definitely serve that to the Queen if she came over. (you know - next time she was in Detroit ;o) ) He could serve it to the Prez, too, don't get me wrong. It just seems like the Queen would be more picky than a guy from Texas, YK?

Yikes, nearly 3 am. Oops. . . It's just sooooo peaceful.














No comments: