Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Procrastinating

I'm blogging because I'm supposed to be writing. Well, it's kind of writing, isn't it? This is the point at which Douglas Adams said he would wander downstairs to get to know the new life forms growing in the fridge. He probably had a cleaner fridge than I do. He had an awesome quote about deadlines. "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." I so wish he was still around. I'm really, really thankful that I got a chance to meet him - well by meet I mean listen to him read from his book and answer Qs and then wait in line and be completely embarassed that I had nothing interesting to impart while waiting for him to sign my books. I was just too overwhelmed I guess. I would love to read what he would have written had he stuck around a bit longer.

Sometimes I think my brain has fallen out - can't remember squat sometimes. On the other hand, I did dig out a spectacular save last night and manage to explain to Mollusc why something to the power of zero is one. I didn't remember it so much as figure it out, which makes me think maybe I do have a brain after all. But it could be just a ruse. How did that come up anyway? Just dinner conversation as it turns out.

Trillian figured out how to get into the hanging chair (which, BTW is just specTACular - everyone should get issued one of these with their marriage license, LOL! Hope that's not too personal.) Anyway, she leapt into it - making it swing crazily - and immediately flipped upside down and started biting her tail. It was pretty comical. I find her in there a lot now.

We're having a heck of a time burning CDs, which really sucks. Actually, we can burn them fine, but they won't play in the van's CD player. Wah! My friend burns stuff for me on the exact same discs and they play fine, but not mine.

Well, procrastinating worked. I'm off. . .

No comments: